Chris is an engineer and PhD student at the Australian National University, currently researching new technologies to decarbonise steel making and other heavy industries. He is passionate about software engineering and finding technological solutions to mitigate the Climate Catastrophe.
Software Engineer - Nearmap
- July 2020 - September 2023
- Worked on improving the accuracy and clarity of aerial imagery and 3D reconstructions.
- Developed camera modelling tools and cloud-based photogrammetry applications.
Engineering Intern - Mission Systems
- Dec 2019 - June 2020
- Developed simulation tools for testing multirotor drones.
The Australian National University
- 2023 - Present
- Doctor of Philosophy, Majoring in Engineering
- Researching methods for industrial decarbonisation, focusing on iron making using hydrogen plasma.
The University of Sydney
- 2017 - 2020
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechatronic Engineering) (Space Engineering)
- Honours Class 1 and the University Medal
The Scots College
- Dux of the College
- 99.90 ATAR
- Software - C, C++, Python, Rust
- Robotics - sensor fusion, planning and control
- Embedded - microcontroller programming
- Cloud - AWS solutions architect associate
- University Medal
- Outstanding Proficiency Prize in Senior Mechatronic Engineering
- William and Jane Grahame Mechanical Engineering Scholarship
- Sydney Scholars Award (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020)
- Dean's Excellency Award (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020)